1 15 oz Can Chickpeas
2 Cups Kale packed
Juice from 1 Lemon
2 Cloves Garlic
1/4 Cup Chickpea Flour
3 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 Tsp Cumin
1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
1/4 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 Tsp Salt
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse and drain your can of chickpeas. (If using home-cooked chickpeas, you'll need 1 and a 1/2 cups.) When done, set aside.
- Assemble your food processor. Add the cloves of garlic by themselves, and process until the cloves are minced.
- Then, add the kale greens, and process until they're finely chopped.
- Then, add everything else - chickpeas, lemon juice, chickpea flour, EVOO, spices - and process until a sort of "meal" is formed. Be careful not to overprocess - you'll want to see small chunks of chickpeas in the meal!
- Scoop out the falafel mix using an ice cream scoop (or by hand) and form little patties with your hands. I made 10, but it will depend on the size you make your falafels.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, bake falafels in the oven for about 20 minutes (may vary depending on the size of your falafels).
- When done, let cool. This is a very important step - the falafel will be very fragile when they're first out of the oven.
- For a crispier falafel, sauté in a pan on medium-high heat with a little olive oil until browned. If not, enjoy as is!
With love & light