MEET SU CHANPRASONG
Su is a local teacher living near Letchworth. Su enjoys teaching fun, creative chill classes with themes coherent within. Su likes to take you on a journey with playful and colourful visionary images to bring you self-awareness both physically and mentally. Reminding you that self-care and self-love is a powerful tool to sustain our busy lifestyle.
Born in Thailand, raised in Worcestershire at the age of 10. Went to an all girls boarding school. Moved to London when she was 21. She studied Architect graduate at London Metropolitan University and has worked as an Architect Assistant with a housing association in London.
Her very first yoga experience of yoga practice was over ten years ago. This was when she was pregnant with her first child. This was purely to help her with breathing and some back pain problems she had at the time. Since then, she was hooked! Hooked by the notion that it did not only help her physically but also mentally. Hooked by the relaxation it gave her. Hooked to the calmness and stillness that it connects to her body, mind and spirit. She continues to practice yoga and finally decided to do her 200hr Yoga Teacher Training with YogaLondon in 2018. Her passion is to help others with their wellbeing to be the best version of themselves as she has personally gone through phrases of losing her loved ones close to her due to poor health and lifestyle. Yoga has found her and helped her to overcome these losses and so her fitness to help others journey begins.
She is also a qualified Pilates Instructor, a Personal trainer and an Ayurvedic Yoga and Thai Massage Therapist. In her spare time, she likes spending it with her two children and friends, and taking up freelance architectural design work here and there.
SU'S YOGA TEACHING
Su likes to welcome newcomers to yoga with open arms and those that just want a more relaxed flow of yoga style at WEDOYOGA. Su acknowledges that yoga is not about flexibility or how much you can bend. It is about you being with yourself at a present moment. About acknowledging self-care and self-love for yourself - that it is not a work-out, but it is more of a work-in. Su is a big fan of props and will help you with any modifications you may require throughout your class, so you can feel at ease being in the class - after all, yoga is not a competition in any kind or form. Incorporating mudras, mantras, quotes, and breathwork, Su likes to take you on a playful journey with colourful vision imagery helping you feel at ease moving mindfully with your own yoga journey. You can expect lots of giggles and smiles in the class, leaving you feeling relaxed, refreshed, and ready to tackle your busy day or week ahead!
- 200hr RYT - YogaLondon with Corrie McCallum
- CPD Anatomy Specific Sequencing & Adjustments – YogaLondon with Chole Upson
- CPD Yoga and Sport – Yoga London with Corrie McCallum
- 50hr Yoga Nidra with Dawn Wright
- 40hr Yoga for Cancer – Triyoga with Vicky Fox
- 30hr YACEP Yin Yoga with Norman Blair
- 72hr RPYT Pregnancy Yoga – Yoga London with Jo Harris
- CPD Post-Natal Yoga – YogaMama
- 95hr Kids Yoga – Kidding Around Yoga with Felictas Scheel
- First Aid At Work with The First Aid Coach.
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT SU
- She is the middle sibling of 7.
- She loves playing netball and hockey.
- She has cycled Coast-Coast across Sri Lanka - 300miles and helped raise £5K to charity those displaced by the Tsunami 2001.
- She has completed a Triathlon, and would love to do it again sometime in the near future.
- She is also a Kettlebell and a Spin Instructor.
- Currently, she is studying further training in Pilates Level 4 and is also an Nutritional Therapist in training.
- She has an 11 year old rescue cat called Twinkle, except she always has a grumpy face! Lol!
- She has two adorable kids who are half Thai - and half Caribbean background.